The following article refers to the advantages and disadvantages of Industries 4.
The fundamentals of industry 4 describe building blocks applied in the cyber-physical systems. Industry 4 is the most recent evolution of manufacture processes following industries 3.
Advantages of Industries 4
The advantages include:
- Internal integration with ERP/MES provides simplicity.
- Possibility of hosting a microservice.
- This allows carrying out transactions in real-time.
- This allows an easy allocation of functions across multiple knots.
- It provides simplicity in installation, activation, and changes.
- Clear, controlled communicating routes in industries 4 simplify managing the resources.
- The addition of a new protocol and process is simple.
- Ensures communication among all elements in the workshop.
Disadvantages of Industries 4
The disadvantages include:
- The safety of the Internet of things is the main concern. Companies work on fixing safety hole loops.
- Staff experience and awareness of industries 4 need permanent improvement.
- Any impractical worker in the IT departments might be exposed to serious threats while introducing industry 4.0.
- Company stake-holders might be reluctant to move to industries 4.0.
- Any IT problems must be fixed as this can lead to costly manufacture disruptions.
- M2M relation need to be reliable and stable, which demands shorter latency timing in systems.
- Demands maintaining of production process continuity.
- Staff needs to be trained to embrace this 4th industry. This will require a great deal of time and effort in all sectors.